CHANGES IN BYELAWS
ARTICLE 4. ORGANISATION
The work of the APBA is carried out by the General Assembly and by the Executive Committee which will operate in accordance with the Constitution.
4.2 Executive Committee : This body conducts the affairs of the "Asia Pacific Burn Association" (APBA) in accordance with the policies, and aims of the Society.
The Executive Committee shall compose of : the
One of the Executive committee members, of the four on the committee, shall serve as the web master to maintain the APBA website.
New byelaw :
One of the Executive committee members, of the four on the committee, shall serve as the web master to maintain the APBA website. Only someone who is a member of APBA can hold office or become an EXCO member.
In the absence of the President, the President Elect or the Immediate Past President shall assume charge, in that precedence.
4.4 Terms of Office
The Chairman of the Biennial Congress shall automatically be the President of APBA for the term of two years. When the bid is represented to APBA EXCO for the conference, it should be presented with name of the Organizing Chairperson. The EXCO needs to deliberate and take decision whether to approve the Organizing Chairperson as President. Once decided and passed by the EXCO the Organizing Chairperson / President should not change. If the Chairperson is not passed by the EXCO or if the organizing team changes the Organizing Chairperson, then the President will continue as the President for the next two years. This will make sure that the President does not change suddenly because of changes in the organizing committee. Only someone who is a member of APBA can become President.
ARTICLE 6. MEETINGS
6.1 The APBA will hold at least one General Assembly and Scientific meeting (which may be held concurrently) every two to three years. The members of APBA are also encouraged to create awareness about the society by organizing dedicated burn sessions in their respective specialty meetings or by conducting dedicated burn meetings.
6.2 Members desirous of holding an APBC shall submit an application to the Secretary and the Administrative Director, after approval of the National Society, no less than 2 years prior to the proposed Congress. The bid should not only be endorsed by their National society, but it should provide the names of the Chairman, Organising Secretary and Program Chair, along with conference venue and a tentative budget (including registration fee structure etc) to the Administrative Director and / or Secretary.
Guidelines for bidding of APBA Congress
General guidelines for qualifying host country / city
General guidelines for qualifying venue
General guidelines for applications
Applications are to be made to the Executive Director / Secretary, APBA at least 4 years before the proposed year of Congress.
1. Application has to be made on behalf of a National Burn Society or jointly by a team (at least 4 senior signatories) of APBA members. Mention endorsements from allied societies, if any.
2. The application must include :
a. Year of proposed Congress
b. Possible dates (with weather conditions).
c. City, International flights availability
d. Venue and its facilities (must fulfill the requirement of number and capacity of the rooms and auditorium etc)
e. Key individuals responsible for the Congress organization.
i. President / Co President / Chairman etc.
ii. Organizing secretary
iii. Chairman, Scientific Committee
v. Editor, Transactions
3. Accommodation available at venue and in the city.
a. Names of the shortlisted hotels (with star rating)
b. Rooms available for Congress at each hotel
c. Indicative price
4. Proposed Registration fee structure
a. APBA members-High income / low income countries
b. Non APBA members- High income / low income countries
c. Accompanying persons
5. Proposed budget-Income & expenditure account.
General guidelines for processing of applications
1. After the initial scrutiny of the application the secretary shall invite the President / Chairman/Org secretary to present the bid in person at one of the Executive meetings. The presentation will be in power point / video. The presenter will be expected to answer all queries of the Executive members. APBA will not bear any costs towards this presentation.
2. The executive committee shall short list the accepted bid(s) for presentation to the General Assembly, and the Secretary will intimate the result to the bidding nation / individuals.
3. The short listed bid(s) will have to be presented at the General Assembly meeting held 4 years before the proposed dates of the Congress under consideration ( i.e. in 2008 for Congress in 2012). If there are more than one bid at the General Assembly then the members will vote by a show of hands.
General guidelines for accepted bids
President / Chairman and the Organizing secretary for the Congress shall jointly submit the following :